National audit, tax, advisory and risk firm Crowe has advised on the acquisition of 16 pharmacies in the north of England.
Crowe’s Midlands corporate finance team, led by partner Andy Kay and associate director Phoebe Turner, provided specialist financial due diligence and transaction support to Allcures plc, which has purchased the chain of pharmacies built up by The Hub Pharmacy Ltd.
The purchase, for an undisclosed sum, brings the number of branches operated by Allcures to 48, plus an online pharmacy business.
Andy Kay said: “The Hub Pharmacy branches are all located within health centres, or in the proximity of GP surgeries, offering significant potential for growth.
“We are pleased to have assisted in an acquisition which enables Allcures to develop its service in the north of England and to continue to enhance the strong reputation built by The Hub Pharmacy Ltd.”
Kiran Cheema, managing director of Allcures, said: “We are delighted to have acquired The Hub Pharmacy Ltd, delivering on our strategy to develop our service offering into the north of England. Andy and Phoebe were a great support during the process, providing valuable and timely advice throughout.”
The branches are spread across the north of England, including Greater Manchester, Warrington, Halifax and Rochdale.
The Hub Pharmacy Ltd was established in 2015, via a management buyout of MedicX Pharmacy Ltd, with funding support from Bridges Fund Management. Starting from a core group of nine pharmacies, the group has grown to 16.
Essex-based Allcures plc, is a 32-strong pharmacy group operating across the south of England.
Gemma Mintram of Knights plc provided legal advice to Allcures and Chris Christodoulou of Shawbrook Bank provided the funding.
Ends (275 words)
- Miriam Sherwood, Director, People Communications & Marketing, Crowe UK. Tel: (0)121 543 1900, email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
Crowe is a national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm offering global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world. With exceptional knowledge of the business environment, our professionals share one commitment, to deliver excellence.
We are trusted by thousands of clients for our specialist advice, our ability to make smart decisions and our readiness to provide lasting value. Our broad technical expertise and deep market knowledge means we are well placed to offer insight and pragmatic advice to all the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Close working relationships are at the heart of our effective service delivery.
For more information, visit: www.crowe.co.uk
Crowe industry recognition
- UK Member of one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world (International Accounting Bulletin World Survey 2021)
- Top charity auditor (Charity Financials Auditor Benchmarking and Charity Finance Audit Survey, 2009 – 2020)
- Ranked 5th in the AIM auditors ranking by number of audits (AIM Advisers Rankings Guide, January 2022)
- 9th largest audit firm in the UK (UK fee income of audit firms that audit PIEs – by fee income on audit, FRC Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession, Figure 33, July 2021)
- Risk Consultancy of the Year 2021 for the second consecutive year (InsuranceERM) – Crowe was recognised to be at forefront of two key areas of focus for insurers in 2020: operational resilience; and environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, including climate change.
- Awarded Bronze for Accountancy Firm of the Year – Large (2020 Citywealth Magic Circle Awards)
- Global Mobility Provider of the Year (Global Payroll Awards 2020)
- Employment Tax Specialist of the Year (Global Payroll Awards 2019)