Crowe advises Herefordshire specialist care business on sale to national group
The corporate finance team at national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm Crowe has advised the owners of a Herefordshire residential and supported living care business on its sale to Choice Care.
Inspiration Care, based in Leominster, was established in June 2007 by Martyn Titcombe and Karen Kenny and provides care for clients in The Marches area between Ludlow in Shropshire and Hereford.
It has been acquired for an undisclosed sum by Choice Care Group, one of the UK’s foremost specialist care providers, operating over 60 residential homes and a variety of supported living services across the South, the South West and the Midlands.
Chasz Coulsting, associate director in the corporate finance team, said: “We were first engaged by Martyn and Karen a few years ago through an introduction from their lawyers.
“It has been a pleasure to assist them with the ultimate sale of Inspiration Care to Choice Care Group, acting as lead corporate finance adviser on the deal.
“We are sure that Choice Care Group will be a good home for a business which they have built and nutured over the last 14 years.”
Martyn Titcombe, a director of Inspiration Care, said: “I was relieved when we were introduced to Chasz from Crowe, as it took tremendous pressure off us.
“He worked closely with our solicitor to ensure a fair and just outcome on our behalf. If you want one less stress to worry about during the due diligence process, then I would highly recommend Crowe to anyone who is considering selling their business.”
Andy Kay, corporate finance partner at Crowe, said: “This is a wonderful result for all parties. The Midlands corporate finance market has been increasingly active for a number of months now, and we are anticipating a surge of interest in acquisitions as the economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic gathers pace through 2021.”
Inspiration Care was advised by Penelope Sankey of HCB Solicitors and Choice Care was advised by Acuity Law and accountants Hazlewoods.
Ends (330 words)
Miriam Sherwood, Senior Marketing Manager (Regions), Crowe. Tel: 0121 543 1900
Notes to Editors:
Crowe is a national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm offering global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, the eighth largest accounting network in the world. With exceptional knowledge of the business environment, our professionals share one commitment, to deliver excellence.
We are trusted by thousands of clients for our specialist advice, our ability to make smart decisions and our readiness to provide lasting value. Our broad technical expertise and deep market knowledge means we are well placed to offer insight and pragmatic advice to all the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Close working relationships are at the heart of our effective service delivery.
For more information, visit: www.crowe.co.uk
Crowe industry recognition
- UK Member of the 8th largest accounting network in the world (International Accounting Bulletin World Survey 2020)
- Top charity auditor (Charity Financials Auditor Benchmarking and Charity Finance Audit Survey, 2009 – 2020)
- Leading advisors to the UK mid-market, ranked 8th AIM and Main Market auditor (By number of audits of listed companies, FRC Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession, Figure 38, October 2020)
- 9th largest audit firm in the UK (UK fee income of audit firms that audit PIEs – by fee income on audit, FRC Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession, Figure 33, October 2020)
- Awarded Bronze for Accountancy Firm of the Year – Large (2020 Citywealth Magic Circle Awards)
- Global Mobility Provider of the Year (Global Payroll Awards 2020)
- Employment Tax Specialist of the Year (Global Payroll Awards 2019)