Crowe announces two partner promotions
Audit, tax, advisory and risk firm Crowe has promoted Paul Cox, a director within the Corporate Tax team, and Kieran Smith, VAT and Customs Duty director, to the partnership.
Paul Cox is promoted to partner within the Corporate Tax team with almost 20 years of experience in the accountancy profession, including more than a decade of Big Four experience. He advances to partner from his previous role as a director at Crowe, having worked at the firm for six years.
With 23 years of experience, including three years spent working as a VAT inspector at HMRC, Kieran Smith steps up to partner within the VAT and Customs Duty team, with a particular focus on consulting in the not-for-profit sector.
He works very closely with several non-profit organisations, including educational charities involving schools and academies, and in the care sector, helping clients to improve VAT efficiency and chart economic uncertainty. His work ranges from VAT inspections to advising clients on matters such as partial tax exemption methods and the purchase of new buildings and other assets.
Paul Cox said: “Almost 20 years after beginning my career in tax and accounting, I’m delighted to be promoted to partner at Crowe.
“Given the economic challenges over the last few years and increasing tax complexity and burden, there’s no shortage of opportunities and risks to discuss – especially given the latest increase in corporation tax.
“Now more than ever, companies need to have an appropriate tax strategy to ensure they are equipped to navigate the changes ahead, and I look forward to assisting clients in this space.”
Kieran Smith said: “While VAT celebrates its 50th anniversary this April, it continues to pose new challenges for a range of sectors that my colleagues and I are equipped to help with. We pride ourselves on being able to simplify the complexity of tax in order to assist our clients in making smart decisions and I am proud to have been part of the growth of the VAT team since joining the firm in 2006.”
Johnathan Dudley, Midlands & South West Managing Partner and Head of Manufacturing Business, said: “‘I’m delighted to welcome Paul and Kieran to the partner group. Their promotions underline our commitment to providing excellent high quality client service in the Midlands and South West.”
- Miriam Sherwood, Director, People Communications & Marketing, Crowe UK. Tel: (0)121 543 1900, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
Crowe is a national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm offering global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world. With exceptional knowledge of the business environment, our professionals share one commitment, to deliver excellence.
We are trusted by thousands of clients for our specialist advice, our ability to make smart decisions and our readiness to provide lasting value. Our broad technical expertise and deep market knowledge means we are well placed to offer insight and pragmatic advice to all the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Close working relationships are at the heart of our effective service delivery.
For more information, visit: www.crowe.co.uk
Crowe industry recognition
- UK Member of one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world (International Accounting Bulletin World Survey 2022)
- Top charity auditor for 14 consecutive years (Charity Financials Auditor Benchmarking and Charity Finance Audit Survey, 2009 – 2022)
- Awarded Silver in the 2022 Citywealth Brand Management and Reputation awards – Best Overall Marketing Campaign category for Your Life Builder
- Awarded Silver in the 2022 Citywealth Magic Circle awards
- Ranked 5th in the AIM auditors ranking by number of audits (AIM Advisers Rankings Guide, January 2022)
- 9th largest audit firm in the UK (UK fee income of audit firms that audit PIEs – by fee income on audit, FRC Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession, Figure 33, July 2021)
- Risk Consultancy of the Year 2022 for the third consecutive year (InsuranceERM)