Crowe conference to tackle the current issues facing the Academies sector
A major update on the current issues facing the Academies sector is being held by national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm Crowe at Sixways Stadium, Worcester, on Thursday 9 June.
Crowe’s annual Academies Conference will be the first in-person event the firm has held for the sector since 2019, and partner Dave Darlaston said they were looking forward to the personal interaction that a live, face-to-face discussion will offer.
Crowe speakers Dave Darlaston and director Matt Doyle-Healey will be joined by Robert Gould of Barker Associates and Phil Herriott of Lloyds Bank to discuss the issues facing the sector.
Robert Gould is a chartered building surveyor who provides strategic estates advice and specialises in the education sector. Phil Herriott is a commercial banking manager in Lloyds Bank’s dedicated team of specialist education relationship managers.
Matt Doyle-Healey said: “We have all had a difficult three years to negotiate since we all sat down face-to-face to share insights with our colleagues in the academies sector.
“Together with our panel of experts, we will be discussing topical issues including sustainability, cyber security and fraud, trading subsidiaries and VAT and tax implications.
“We will also review the implications of the Schools’ Bill, review governance matters, provide an accounting update to include accounts direction, and consider the 2022 Academy Trust handbook.”
The event is ideal for trustees, accounting officers, finance directors and business managers of academy trusts who are seeking real insight and an update to ensure they are up to speed both on changes and policy developments in their sector.
Crowe is a leading advisor to academies, providing regular technical update and risk management to accountants, school business managers, governors and trustees.
The event, which is free to those working in the academies sector, will run from 08.30 to 13.30. To register go to https://www.crowe.com/uk/events/academies-conference-9-june-2022, email email@example.com or call 0121 543 1900.
Ends (310 words)
- Miriam Sherwood, Director, People Communications & Marketing, Crowe UK. Tel: (0)121 543 1900, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
Crowe is a national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm offering global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world. With exceptional knowledge of the business environment, our professionals share one commitment, to deliver excellence.
We are trusted by thousands of clients for our specialist advice, our ability to make smart decisions and our readiness to provide lasting value. Our broad technical expertise and deep market knowledge means we are well placed to offer insight and pragmatic advice to all the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Close working relationships are at the heart of our effective service delivery.
For more information, visit: www.crowe.co.uk
Crowe industry recognition
- UK Member of one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world (International Accounting Bulletin World Survey 2021)
- Top charity auditor (Charity Financials Auditor Benchmarking and Charity Finance Audit Survey, 2009 – 2020)
- Ranked 5th in the AIM auditors ranking by number of audits (AIM Advisers Rankings Guide, January 2022)
- 9th largest audit firm in the UK (UK fee income of audit firms that audit PIEs – by fee income on audit, FRC Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession, Figure 33, July 2021)
- Risk Consultancy of the Year 2021 for the second consecutive year (InsuranceERM) – Crowe was recognised to be at forefront of two key areas of focus for insurers in 2020: operational resilience; and environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, including climate change.
- Awarded Bronze for Accountancy Firm of the Year – Large (2020 Citywealth Magic Circle Awards)
- Global Mobility Provider of the Year (Global Payroll Awards 2020)
- Employment Tax Specialist of the Year (Global Payroll Awards 2019)