Crowe helping shape new horizons for young black professionals as firm welcomes new interns for 202
Crowe, a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm, welcomes Sofia Mohamed and Abdalla Abullahi to its Midlands office as part of its new cohort of ten interns to support the UK-wide programme to get 10,000 young black people into paid internships.
The 10,000 Intern Foundation (10kIF), which began as a UK-wide trial in 2020, offers those from underrepresented groups a flying start at building their career.
The 10kIF intern programme gives young black people the opportunity to receive a minimum six-weeks paid employment, helping kickstart their career at Crowe or develop new skills to support their future in a profession in another sector. Each intern at the firm is supported by a dedicated mentor to guide and support their development.
This year’s cohort join colleagues in Crowe’s other regional offices in Kent, Cheltenham, Manchester, Reading and the firm’s London office – meet them in their introductory video here.
The experience could also lead to a full-time position as Crowe employed two successful interns following the firm’s inaugural participation in the programme last year.
Crowe UK joins 700 other participating professional firms, multinational corporations, ambitious startups, and public bodies across finance, technology, advertising and over 25 other sectors in offering opportunities for young black people.
Johnathan Dudley, Head of Manufacturing and managing partner Midlands and South at Crowe UK, said: “Crowe is committed to uncovering talent and creating new horizons for under-represented people, no matter what their background, ethnicity or where they are from; because we want to provide opportunity to all who subscribe to our values.
“We are proud to be partnering with and promoting the 10,000 Interns programme for another year because helping change a societal mindset is a mammoth task and requires positive action from all quarters, to break down unnecessary barriers, for everyone.
“We’re delighted to welcome Sofia and Abdalla to our team as part of this year’s cohort of ten interns across Crowe’s UK business and look forward to helping shape and support their future.”
Nigel Bostock, chief executive of Crowe, said: “At Crowe we care about our people, being inclusive and providing opportunity for all. It was an absolute pleasure to have the chance to meet and spend time them and provide insight on Crowe with a great question and answer session as part of the Intern induction programme.
“I wish them every success during their time with Crowe.”
Crowe’s aim is to create a community where, regardless of gender, identity, sexuality, race, ethnicity, education or background, everyone is valued and has the opportunity to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
The firm aims to foster a culture of respect, where its people support each other and clients, are listened to and can develop their knowledge and awareness of each other’s differences. Crowe encourages celebration and promotion of the diversity within its teams and the benefits that this brings to the firm and to individuals.
Crowe is a place where everyone can bring their whole selves to work.
Ends (514 words)
- Jennifer Spencer Charles, Senior Communications Manager, +44 (0)20 7842 5273, Jennifer.Sencer-Charles@crowe.co.uk
Notes to Editors:
- 2023 10,000 Black intern programme
- Crowe’s commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Meet Crowe’s new interns
- The names of the interns featured in the attached image:
- Front, left to right: Ayah Hemmid, Sofia Mohamed, Latanya Simmonds, Kirsten Jong. Stephen Annan Jr, Mckinley Chibambo and Abdalla Abullahi
- Back, left to right: Elliot Tshiango, Imuetinyan Aletor and Joseph-Junior Karikari
Crowe is a national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm offering global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world. With exceptional knowledge of the business environment, our professionals share one commitment, to deliver excellence.
We are trusted by thousands of clients for our specialist advice, our ability to make smart decisions and our readiness to provide lasting value. Our broad technical expertise and deep market knowledge means we are well placed to offer insight and pragmatic advice to all the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Close working relationships are at the heart of our effective service delivery.
For more information, visit: www.crowe.co.uk
Crowe industry recognition
- UK Member of one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world (International Accounting Bulletin World Survey 2022)
- Top charity auditor for 14 consecutive years (Charity Financials Auditor Benchmarking and Charity Finance Audit Survey, 2009 – 2022)
- Awarded Silver in the 2022 Citywealth Brand Management and Reputation awards – Best Overall Marketing Campaign category for Your Life Builder
- Awarded Silver in the 2022 Citywealth Magic Circle awards
- Ranked 5th in the AIM auditors ranking by number of audits (AIM Advisers Rankings Guide, January 2022)
- 9th largest audit firm in the UK (UK fee income of audit firms that audit PIEs – by fee income on audit, FRC Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession, Figure 33, July 2021)
- Risk Consultancy of the Year 2022 for the third consecutive year (InsuranceERM)