Crowe supports leading European customs broker in its acquisition of two UK businesses
The corporate finance team in the Midlands office of national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm Crowe has advised a pan-European business that supports exporters and importers on the acquisition of two UK businesses.
Netherlands-based Customs Support Group (CSG) first expanded its operations into the UK with the acquisition of UK Customs Solutions back in October 2021.
Now CSG has also completed the acquisition of two further UK businesses this May: Osborn Customs Services, the Rochester-based customs clearance experts; and the Dover export agents KSI Portlink. The deal values have not been disclosed.Crowe’s corporate finance team was led by partner Andy Kay and director Chasz Coulsting, supported by colleagues Phoebe Turner, Jason Daft and Nick Martin.
Adam McGiveron and Emma Bryant from law firm Pennington Manches Cooper provided legal support to CSG.
Andy Kay said: “Crowe acts for CSG internationally and our colleagues in France, Italy and Ireland have also been advising on EU deals.“The Midlands corporate finance team has been instrumental in assisting CSG with the recent acquisition of two UK businesses and provided financial due diligence and transaction support services on both deals.
“With international trade being such a key component of growth for both EU and non-EU businesses, the skills and expertise of CSG are crucial in helping to keep trade flowing smoothly, in both directions.”
Sebastian Ootjers, mergers & acquisitions director of CSG, said: “We are pleased with the excellent support from Crowe’s corporate finance Team, as they provided us with vital insights needed to realise these acquisitions. We look forward to working with Andy and his team again, as we continue to build our presence in the UK.”
Ends (281 words)
For further information, please contact
- Miriam Sherwood, Director, People Communications & Marketing, Crowe UK. Tel: (0)121 543 1900, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
Crowe is a national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm offering global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world. With exceptional knowledge of the business environment, our professionals share one commitment, to deliver excellence.
We are trusted by thousands of clients for our specialist advice, our ability to make smart decisions and our readiness to provide lasting value. Our broad technical expertise and deep market knowledge means we are well placed to offer insight and pragmatic advice to all the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Close working relationships are at the heart of our effective service delivery.
For more information, visit: www.crowe.co.uk
Crowe industry recognition
- UK Member of one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world (International Accounting Bulletin World Survey 2021)
- Top charity auditor (Charity Financials Auditor Benchmarking and Charity Finance Audit Survey, 2009 – 2020)
- Ranked 5th in the AIM auditors ranking by number of audits (AIM Advisers Rankings Guide, January 2022)
- 9th largest audit firm in the UK (UK fee income of audit firms that audit PIEs – by fee income on audit, FRC Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession, Figure 33, July 2021)
- Risk Consultancy of the Year 2021 for the second consecutive year (InsuranceERM) – Crowe was recognised to be at forefront of two key areas of focus for insurers in 2020: operational resilience; and environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, including climate change.
- Awarded Bronze for Accountancy Firm of the Year – Large (2020 Citywealth Magic Circle Awards)
- Global Mobility Provider of the Year (Global Payroll Awards 2020)
- Employment Tax Specialist of the Year (Global Payroll Awards 2019)