Crowe teams up with Chamber to analyse Sunak’s sums
Specialists from national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm Crowe are teaming up with the Black Country Chamber of Commerce to provide live commentary on Chancellor Rishi Sunak’s Spring Statement on Wednesday 23 March.
Johnathan Dudley, managing partner of Crowe in the Midlands, said: “The Chancellor will be presenting his economic and fiscal forecast after one of the most troubled times in the UK economy in the past year, and against the backdrop of the current situation in Ukraine.
“The Conservative Party has traditionally been the party of low tax but, notwithstanding the economy is picking up faster than some anticipated, he still has some serious holes in his budget.
“Add to this domestic issues such as the growth of electric vehicles reducing his Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) take, albeit there is a rise in VED from April 2022, and he has some critical issues to face in coming years.”
Mr Dudley and Crowe partner Rob Gunn will be joined at their Midlands office by senior officers from the Black Country Chamber of Commerce who will help analyse the key outcomes and how they may impact business leaders and their companies.
Corin Crane, chief executive of the Black Country Chamber of Commerce, said: “On the back of what we long hoped would be a period of gradual recovery as we learned to live with COVID, we’ve entered 2022 in a very precarious position for the economy.
“On the one hand, some sectors are rebounding strongly yet, for many, the escalating costs of doing business, supply chains and world events continue to cause concern for those trading across the region and beyond.
“We’re delighted to working be working with Crowe to bring reaction and analysis following the Chancellor’s remarks of this keenly anticipated economic forecast which will likely frame forthcoming decisions in businesses across the Black Country.”
The event will start with a working lunch from 12:00 before the Chancellor stands up to speak. There will be the opportunity to take part in a question and answer session with Crowe and Chamber specialists on the panel.
There is no cost to attend the event. To register, email email@example.com or call 0121 543 1900.
Ends (359 words)
Miriam Sherwood, Director, People Communications & Marketing
Crowe UK. Tel: (0)121 543 1900, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
Crowe is a national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm offering global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world. With exceptional knowledge of the business environment, our professionals share one commitment, to deliver excellence.
We are trusted by thousands of clients for our specialist advice, our ability to make smart decisions and our readiness to provide lasting value. Our broad technical expertise and deep market knowledge means we are well placed to offer insight and pragmatic advice to all the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Close working relationships are at the heart of our effective service delivery.
For more information, visit: www.crowe.co.uk
Crowe industry recognition
- UK Member of one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world (International Accounting Bulletin World Survey 2021)
- Top charity auditor (Charity Financials Auditor Benchmarking and Charity Finance Audit Survey, 2009 – 2020)
- Ranked 5th in the AIM auditors ranking by number of audits (AIM Advisers Rankings Guide, January 2022)
- 9th largest audit firm in the UK (UK fee income of audit firms that audit PIEs – by fee income on audit, FRC Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession, Figure 33, July 2021)
- Risk Consultancy of the Year 2021 for the second consecutive year (InsuranceERM) – Crowe was recognised to be at forefront of two key areas of focus for insurers in 2020: operational resilience; and environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, including climate change.
- Awarded Bronze for Accountancy Firm of the Year – Large (2020 Citywealth Magic Circle Awards)
- Global Mobility Provider of the Year (Global Payroll Awards 2020)
- Employment Tax Specialist of the Year (Global Payroll Awards 2019)