Crowe welcomes supply chain and investment opportunities in West Midlands
Partners at national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm Crowe have given a balanced welcome to the Chancellor’s Budget.
Speaking after the Black Country Chambers of Commerce Budget event held at Crowe’s Midlands’ office in Black Country House, Audit Partner Mark Evans said it was encouraging to hear of more investment opportunities in the West Midlands.
The West Midlands will have the opportunity to bid for one of the 12 new investment zones the Chancellor announced.
“And closer to home, we heard of more money to be allocated to Tipton for regeneration” said Mr Evans,
The abolition of the lifetime allowance for pensions was warmly welcomed, including the increase in the annual limit to £60,000.
Tax Partner Rob Gunn welcomed the classification of nuclear energy as sustainable and the support for modular nuclear reactors because of the potential impact on Midlands manufacturing.
“One of the major players, Rolls Royce, has many suppliers in the local supply chain.”
Mark Evans highlighted Black Country expertise in carbon capture – another sector receiving encouragement from the Chancellor.
“However, in order for improvements in the workplace and the economy, we need to see results from the Chancellor’s bid to get the over 50s back into work.
“I have concerns that those over 50, or ‘experienced’ as we are now known, who have chosen to retire may not have the inclination or the need financially to return to work. As ever, the devil will be in the detail.”
Delegates at the seminar also heard from key Chamber partners including Crowe, recruitment group Pertemps and law firm Higgs, who together with the University of Wolverhampton and EBC Group are behind the “This is the Black Country” campaign that runs until Spring 2023.
- Miriam Sherwood, Director, People Communications & Marketing, Crowe UK. Tel: (0)121 543 1900, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
Crowe is a national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm offering global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world. With exceptional knowledge of the business environment, our professionals share one commitment, to deliver excellence.
We are trusted by thousands of clients for our specialist advice, our ability to make smart decisions and our readiness to provide lasting value. Our broad technical expertise and deep market knowledge means we are well placed to offer insight and pragmatic advice to all the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Close working relationships are at the heart of our effective service delivery.
For more information, visit: www.crowe.co.uk
Crowe industry recognition
- UK Member of one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world (International Accounting Bulletin World Survey 2022)
- Top charity auditor for 14 consecutive years (Charity Financials Auditor Benchmarking and Charity Finance Audit Survey, 2009 – 2022)
- Awarded Silver in the 2022 Citywealth Brand Management and Reputation awards – Best Overall Marketing Campaign category for Your Life Builder
- Awarded Silver in the 2022 Citywealth Magic Circle awards
- Ranked 5th in the AIM auditors ranking by number of audits (AIM Advisers Rankings Guide, January 2022)
- 9th largest audit firm in the UK (UK fee income of audit firms that audit PIEs – by fee income on audit, FRC Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession, Figure 33, July 2021)
- Risk Consultancy of the Year 2022 for the third consecutive year (InsuranceERM)