First Black Country Business Breakfast event in support of Acorns
National audit, tax, advisory and risk firm Crowe is launching its Black Country Business Breakfast, in aid of Acorns Childrens Hospice.
The event on Tuesday 27 September at Crowe’s Midlands office in Black Country House, Rounds Green Road, Oldbury, will enable local businesses to network and also find out more about how Acorns Business Club works.
Johnathan Dudley, Crowe’s Midlands managing partner, said: “As an Acorns Business Club Ambassador, I am very proud of the work carried out by Acorns and keen to help raise awareness of the organisation’s work within the business community.
“Our first Black Country Business Breakfast will enable business owners and directors not only to find out more about Acorns, but also network with the brightest and best that this region has to offer.“At Crowe we are very proud of our dual role within the local and the business community and mindful of the part we can all play.”
Each of the Acorns Business Ambassadors joins in a two year partnership, adding their own voice and experience to help raise awareness, campaign and fundraise, with each committing to raise £5,000 each year.
Paul Cadman, Acorns vice president and chairman of the Business Club, said: “We’re so grateful to Acorns Business Ambassador Johnathan Dudley and the team at Crowe in the Midlands for bringing our first Business Breakfast to the Black Country.
“Our Business Ambassadors play an important role in raising funds and awareness of Acorns’ lifeline care and support and this event is a fine example of how club members like Johnathan are championing our cause within their local networks and helping us to grow our reach within the community.
“We’re excited to showcase the wonderful work Acorns does across the Black Country and meet some of our incredible supporters, who we hope will join us as Acorns Business Club members and Ambassadors.”
Acorns Children’s Hospice provides specialist palliative care for life limited and life threatened children across the Black Country and wider West Midlands, and support for their families.
In the past year, the charity has cared for more than 700 children and almost 1,000 families, including those who are bereaved.
It cost Acorns £27,000 per day to provide its services, the bulk of which comes from fundraising and partnerships with local businesses.
The Black Country Business Breakfast starts with registration and breakast at 08.00 on Tuesday 27 September and costs £10, with all proceeds going to Acorns.
Those interested in attending can apply via https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/black-country-business-breakfast-in-support-of-acorns-childrens-hospice-tickets-399427407127
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 543 1900.
Acorns Business Club offers exclusive benefits including the opportunity to network with some of the biggest names in business from across the region, access to free training and development opportunities and ‘money-can’t buy’ events.
To find out more about becoming one of Acorns Business Ambassadors, please email the Partnerships Team on email@example.com or call 01564 825037.
- Miriam Sherwood, Director, People Communications & Marketing, Crowe UK. Tel: (0)121 543 1900, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
Crowe is a national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm offering global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world. With exceptional knowledge of the business environment, our professionals share one commitment, to deliver excellence.
We are trusted by thousands of clients for our specialist advice, our ability to make smart decisions and our readiness to provide lasting value. Our broad technical expertise and deep market knowledge means we are well placed to offer insight and pragmatic advice to all the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Close working relationships are at the heart of our effective service delivery.
For more information, visit: www.crowe.co.uk
Crowe industry recognition
- UK Member of one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world (International Accounting Bulletin World Survey 2021)
- Top charity auditor (Charity Financials Auditor Benchmarking and Charity Finance Audit Survey, 2009 – 2020)
- Ranked 5th in the AIM auditors ranking by number of audits (AIM Advisers Rankings Guide, January 2022)
- 9th largest audit firm in the UK (UK fee income of audit firms that audit PIEs – by fee income on audit, FRC Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession, Figure 33, July 2021)
- Risk Consultancy of the Year 2021 for the second consecutive year (InsuranceERM) – Crowe was recognised to be at forefront of two key areas of focus for insurers in 2020: operational resilience; and environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, including climate change.
- Awarded Bronze for Accountancy Firm of the Year – Large (2020 Citywealth Magic Circle Awards)
- Global Mobility Provider of the Year (Global Payroll Awards 2020)
- Employment Tax Specialist of the Year (Global Payroll Awards 2019)