National acclaim for Parris named as a rising star in the private client sector
Parris Britton, a manager in the Midlands (Oldbury) office of national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm Crowe, has been recognised as one of the leading young stars in her sector.
She has achieved national recognition in “eprivateclient 35 under 35 – Women”, the definitive and original list of rising stars in the private client sector.
Mrs Britton joined Crowe in 2013 after completing an Accounting and Finance Degree at the University of Central Lancashire.
While working full-time in the Midlands office Private Client Department, she studied for her ATT qualification and continued on to study for her CTA qualification.
Having specialised in inheritance tax, trusts and wealth planning, Crowe supported her when she aspired to study for her STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates (England & Wales).
In her role at Crowe, she provides tax advice to various types of clients from business owners to high net worth individuals, while also ensuring her clients meet their tax compliance obligations.
She said: “I am extremely grateful to have been chosen as one of the 2021 eprivateclient Top 35 Under 35 – Women.
“It is an honour to have my hard work and accomplishments recognised by this organisation. I have always been passionate about the advice I provide and maintaining quality client service, as I genuinely enjoy helping people and guiding them through the sometimes complex areas of taxation.
“Having joined Crowe UK in 2013, I have been mentored by some incredible people, which has enabled me to develop into the professional I am now. Today, as a Chartered Tax Adviser and STEP member, I am able to be the trusted advisor my clients need.
Rebecca Durrant, Crowe’s National Head of Private Clients, said: I am delighted that Parris has been recognised in the top 35 under 35.
“Parris is a very talented tax advisor and an integral part of the Crowe team. Her knowledge and expertise is well known and appreciated throughout our national practice and by her clients.
“She is always generous with her time in support of her colleagues and can always be relied upon to deliver a project.
“Parris is also very much a part of the work we do in the wider firm to support our ED&I initiatives and is an outstanding role model for the next generation of advisors. I believe Parris has an exceptional future ahead of her and am very proud that she is part of our Crowe National Private Client Team.”
Mrs Britton is also an active member of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion initiative and takes leadership roles in both the Women’s Empowerment Programme and the BAME & Allies network.
Nominations for the awards are invited for young and upcoming stars within the private client advisory professions from the UK and Crown Dependencies (Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man), including private client and family lawyers, accountants, trustees or residential property buying agents.
Ends (478 words)
- Miriam Sherwood, Senior Manager, National Marketing and Communications, Crowe UK. Tel: (0)121 543 1900, email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
Crowe is a national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm offering global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world. With exceptional knowledge of the business environment, our professionals share one commitment, to deliver excellence.
We are trusted by thousands of clients for our specialist advice, our ability to make smart decisions and our readiness to provide lasting value. Our broad technical expertise and deep market knowledge means we are well placed to offer insight and pragmatic advice to all the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Close working relationships are at the heart of our effective service delivery.
For more information, visit: www.crowe.co.uk
Crowe industry recognition
- UK Member of one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world (International Accounting Bulletin World Survey 2021)
- Top charity auditor (Charity Financials Auditor Benchmarking and Charity Finance Audit Survey, 2009 – 2020)
- Leading advisors to the UK mid-market, ranked 8th AIM and Main Market auditor (By number of audits of listed companies, FRC Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession, Figure 38, October 2020)
- 9th largest audit firm in the UK (UK fee income of audit firms that audit PIEs – by fee income on audit, FRC Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession, Figure 33, October 2020)
- Awarded Bronze for Accountancy Firm of the Year – Large (2020 Citywealth Magic Circle Awards)
- Global Mobility Provider of the Year (Global Payroll Awards 2020)
- Employment Tax Specialist of the Year (Global Payroll Awards 2019)